Tuesday 16 August 2011

Snow Post

This what have started from the class on Saturday, very interesting, eventually it will be a thimble pod thanks to Barbara Kerry - great tutor. Small class & have already learnt a lot. I also have a lot of homework to do. which i did a little of on Saturday afternoon, while some methods were still fresh.

So Sunday I made a jacket. hmmm... seamstress I am not. I think my main problem is my lack of trust of sizing in patterns & so while the jacket looks pretty cool, it is far too big. Then it snowed.
Snow is very rare for Wellington - first time in the 5 years we have been here that we have seen it.

So, I made a scarf for one of my Facebook friends of whom I owed a handmade gift. Finished this morning before work & it has now been delivered - perfect for this "polar blast"
While it was a kit, I bought the kit for the knitting pattern part of it. I tried the crochet pattern, but got confused as I have never actually crocheted anything before, where as the knitting part, while expanding my knowledge was comprehensible enough to pull it off - yah!

Oh and today I got my Amazon embroidery book purchases... such prettiness, but I must finish projects on the go first. So now to my homework, as i am off to Auckland this weekend for work - no sewing :(

No comments:

Post a Comment