Saturday 14 May 2011

Taking it to 3D

Not all stitching needs to be framed... infact, I prefer things that are a little more useful than and as my finishing skills needed (& still need) more practice.
Mother's day created an opportunity for this creation:
I found this pattern & instructions in a book, probably from one of the very many I buy from second hand shops. My Mum plays Bridge, so i thought it was appropriate.
Then I bought a kit from the Fox Collection as my Mum has a craft shop in Oamaru:
This was a lot finer to stitch & then then put together with the help of some of the plastic mat stuff. Attaching the roof was by far the trickiest part. But I got there in the end and it made a nice "Thanks for being Awesome" present for my Mother :)

When my awesome mother was in Canada, she picked up this kit for me... it comes from an Australian Designer - Janie Hubble and part of her "The Cat's Whiskers" Designs, which unfortunately are no longer available, there were 3 in the set & if you find one (&can afford it) I recommend getting it!
This is now one of my prized possessions, now I have something to stick my pins into, instead of using my own couch's arms.
Sometimes, I get an internet inspiration & do something little, just for fun, to give to people for being awesome:
I give blood as often as I can, & the last time I gave a few of these to the nurses, to give away or keep.


No comments:

Post a Comment